BPhty, MHSci (Hons), PGDip Sports and Exercise Medicine, PGCert Physio (Musculoskeletal)
Linda has over 20 years experience in the Physiotherapy field and has Post Graduate Qualifications in Sports and Exercise Medicine and Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy. She completed her Masters Thesis on Dance Injuries and Screening and has also had her research published. Linda has a strong interest not only in injury management but also prevention. Her style of injury management includes promoting an understanding of how we move and its effect on the body, and importantly aims to unravel Why? an injury has occurred, in order to optimise recovery and prevent future injury.
Since completing her undergraduate studies in Otago University, Linda has worked in a variety of physiotherapy settings in both UK and NZ, including sports medicine and specialist back rehab clinics, where she worked closely as part of a team with other healthcare providers. She has developed a particular interest in injury prevention and rehabilitation of young adolescent dancers and athletes, as well as screening strategies to develop individualised conditioning programmes for both rehabilitation and injury prevention. Linda has worked with young dancers for the past 8 years and also provides Dance Physiotherapy for international companies touring Auckland, including the Royal New Zealand Ballet (RNZB). She has been also lucky to work with Sydney Dance Company, Cedar Lake Ballet and Red Bull Flying Bach when they toured to Auckland.
Linda undertook her Pilates training with Polestar and Dance Medicine Australia. Linda has also completed courses in Acupuncture (PPANZ), Kinetic Control Movement Systems Analysis, and Rehabilitative Ultrasound. Regularly attending Sports and Dance medicine/physiotherapy conferences keeps her up to date with the most current clinical practice.
Special areas of interest
- Dance physio for injury management and prevention
- Sport injury management and prevention
- Musculoskeletal injuries in children and adolescents
- Lower limb injuries
- Acute and chronic injury management of lumbar spine
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy - Otago University
- Masters of Health Science (Hons) – AUT
- Post Graduate Diploma, Sports and Exercise Medicine - Otago University
- Post Graduate Certificate, Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy - Otago University
- New Zealand Registered Physiotherapist (NZRP)
- Member, New Zealand Society of Physiotherapists (NZSP)
- Member, Sports Physio New Zealand (SPNZ)
- Member, International Association of Dance Medicine and Science (IADMS)